5 Best Pre Workout Ingredients
Posted on May 24 2017
Gearing up for an intense workout isn’t the easiest thing to do, especially after a late night out or long day at work. Think about it, you’re consciously submitting yourself to struggle, pain, and torture under your own volition! Depending on how grueling your upcoming workout is, you might be tempted to slough through it, or worse yet, blow it off entirely!
That’s where a high quality pre workout is your saving grace. A properly dosed pre workout contains the essential ingredients you need to get energized, focused, and pumped for the ensuing destruction you're about to unleash on your body, and hopefully the weights.
But, there’s a TON of pre workouts on the market to choose from, so how are you supposed to know which one to choose?!
Don’t worry, as we’ve got you covered with this list of the 5 best, most effective pre workout ingredients you want to make sure are included in whatever pre workout you purchase.
Best Pre Workout Ingredients
All great pre workouts start with caffeine. “Nature’s energy booster”, caffeine serves to increase energy levels by stimulating your CNS into overdrive getting you revved up and ready to rock the second you step into the gym.
With caffeine coursing through your system, you’ll have the energy and motivation to tackle even the most tumultuous workouts and come out intact at the end! Furthermore, caffeine is also a valuable performance and focus enhancer as it improves alertness, endurance, strength, and mood.
● Citrulline Malate
Citrulline is a naturally occurring amino acid found in a variety of fruits, namely watermelon. It’s also produced in the body from other amino acids you ingest throughout the day. By increasing the amount of Citrulline in your body, you’re helping to elevate levels of L-Arginine in the body, a powerful Nitric Oxide signaling molecule.
Increased nitric oxide pays big dividends in performance and PUMPS, by increasing vasodilation, blood flow and nutrient delivery to working muscles. Citrulline also enhances energy production and improves endurances thanks to its role in the Krebs Cycle.
● N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
After a long day at work, your desire to head into the gym for a tough workout is at an all time low. Wouldn’t it be great if a supplement helped increase your motivation to bring it! during your workouts? That’s exactly what N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine does!
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is an enhanced form of the amino acid L-Tyrosine that offers greater water solubility, for increased absorption in the body. Consuming Tyrosine prior to training will increase dopamine and adrenaline release which improves exercise tolerance, motivation and focus.
Those mid-afternoon cobwebs will be long gone with N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine in your arsenal of proven pre workout supplements!
● Creatine Monohydrate
No other single sports supplement is more heavily studied or proven effective than creatine. There’s a reason it’s one of the most frequently used ingredients in sports supplements -- it flat out works.
Creatine is an osmolyte than improves cellular hydration and ATP regeneration. It’s been proven time and again to be extremely valuable for athletes and weightlifters looking to enhance athletic performance, hypertrophy, strength, power, and endurance.
Betaine is another osmolytic compound in the body that enhances power, strength, and cellular hydration. It also synergizes with creatine to enhance the biosynthesis of creatine in the body. Similar to creatine, betaine also encourages lean mass gains in athletes due to increased muscle protein synthesis.
Where to Find the Best Pre Workout?
AML Pre Workout contains all of these top 5 pre workout ingredients, all in their research-backed doses, plus a host of additional performance-enhancing supplements to form the complete complete pre workout ever created. Simply put, AML Pre Workout provides what you need, exactly when you need it -- it’s the essence of what a true pre workout should be.
Don’t waste your money on another proprietary blended product with under-dosed ingredients. Invest in AML Pre Workout, and watch your athletic performance skyrocket!
1. Goldstein ER, Ziegenfuss T, Kalman D, et al. International society of sports nutrition position stand: caffeine and performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2010;7(1):5. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-7-5. https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-7-5
2. Sureda A, Cordova A, Ferrer MD, Perez G, Tur JA, Pons A. L-citrulline-malate influence over branched chain amino acid utilization during exercise. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010;110(2):341-351. doi:10.1007/s00421-010-1509-4. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20499249
3. Banderet LE, Lieberman HR. Treatment with tyrosine, a neurotransmitter precursor, reduces environmental stress in humans. Brain Res Bull. 1989;22(4):759-762. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2736402
4. Brose A, Parise G, Tarnopolsky MA. Creatine supplementation enhances isometric strength and body composition improvements following strength exercise training in older adults. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2003;58(1):11-19. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12560406
5. Lee EC, Maresh CM, Kraemer WJ, et al. Ergogenic effects of betaine supplementation on strength and power performance. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2010;7:27. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-7-27. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2915951/