My Cart

Close
 

British Man Dies From DNP Poisoning

Brian Turner

Posted on November 12 2017

Dinitrophenol (DNP) is an uncoupling drug that turns energy into heat instead of storing it as fat or using it for body functions. While it can speed fat loss, it can also cause rapid and deadly increases in body temperature. A young man in Great Britain died from experimenting with DNP that he bought at a local gym. Cells rely on coupled reactions to convert energy from foods into other forms of energy that perform tasks such as muscle contraction, nerve impulses and cellular fluid control. DNP blocks these reactions, which can promote weight loss but overheats the cells. DNP has been banned in the United States since 1938 but is obtained easily on the Internet. DNP is extremely dangerous; don’t mess with it! (MailOnline, November 9)