AML™ THERMO HEAT® COCKTAIL™ ULTIMATE FAT BURNING STACK
By Steve Blechman
More than 25 years ago as head of product development for Twinlab over a 27-year period, I developed and formulated the original Twinlab Ripped Fuel. It was the first ephedra/caffeine combination product in the United States and one of the best-selling fat-loss dietary supplement products of all time.
In 1999 I was awarded a United States patent as the inventor of the first citrus aurantium extract/caffeine combination product for enhancing weight loss and preserving lean body mass.
Over the past seven years I developed THERMO HEAT® – the most scientifically advanced thermogenic brown fat-activating fat burning supplement line ever developed! The science and cornerstone of the product line was research based on brown adipose tissue (BAT) known as brown fat!
For the past 5 years, I have written many articles on the health and fat-loss benefits of brown adipose tissue (brown fat). The widely held belief that all body fat is bad is currently being heavily scrutinized, due to the recent discovery of a different type of fat in humans known as brown fat. This type of body fat can actually burn off energy in the form of heat by a process known as thermogenesis, which can ultimately reduce overall body fat.
The body has two forms of fat: white fat, or unwanted fat that can lie directly underneath the skin, and brown fat, which often is found in the shoulder blade region or the neck. Unlike white fat, brown fat is the good fat as it can help burn more calories. The more brown fat you have, the more calories you burn.
Brown fat is packed with mitochondria loaded with UCP-1, the protein that uncouples fat burning with ATP (energy) production instead of converting the energy into heat via thermogenesis, making the mitochondria effectively the furnace of the cell. The emergence of brown fat as a readily available fat-burning furnace is revolutionary, but like any fire, it requires the proper kindling materials. The ability to get lean by producing extra brown fat, or enhancing the activity of existing brown fat, represents a promising way to burn fat and lose weight.
Several landmark discoveries and approaches to enhancing brown fat function are being explored at major research centers and universities worldwide, with great excitement. Brown fat research is a hot topic today.
In 2021 it was time for me to develop the newest revolutionary brown fat-activating thermogenic fat loss supplement – based on the latest cutting-edge science, and containing the latest research-based thermogenic and brown fat-activating fat burners! For complete scientific review of AML™ THERMO HEAT® COCKTAIL™ see the March 11, 2021 article entitled: “New Revolutionary Cocktail for Fat Loss!” by Robert Schinetsky.
The article says, “AML™ THERMO HEAT® COCKTAIL™ is a great dopamine activator that can improve exercise performance, enhance calorie burning and support weight loss as part of a low-calorie diet and exercise program. It can be used as a pre-workout or productivity supplement, but really shines when taken before fasted cardio, as this is the main driver behind its formulation. For added weight-loss support and lean mass retention during dieting, AML suggests stacking AML™ THERMO HEAT® COCKTAIL™ with THERMO HEAT® Fat Burning Protein. AML™ THERMO HEAT® COCKTAIL™ would be consumed pre-workout and then immediately follow your training with a serving of THERMO® HEAT Fat Burning Protein.”
AML™ THERMO HEAT® is most scientifically advanced brown fat and thermogenic supplement line ever developed! One of those products, AML™ THERMO HEAT® FAT BURNING PROTEIN, contains nutrients that have been shown to increase brown fat activation and thermogenesis, including whey protein enriched with 5 grams of the branched-chain amino acid leucine. Leucine is the key anabolic trigger of protein synthesis. Supplemental leucine by itself and synergistically combined with vitamin D3 and medium-chain-triglycerides (MCTs) can help prevent lean muscle loss, especially during low-calorie, low-carb or ketogenic diets. Also, two double-blind human studies have shown that the amino acid leucine (2.4 grams daily) and citrulline (2 grams daily) can lower the inflammatory cytokine interleukin-6 (IL-6), and c-reactive protein, a marker of inflammation in the body. (SL Nutrition and Metabolism, September 5, 2017). (BMC Research Notes, February 15, 2019).
AML™ THERMO HEAT® FAT BURNING PROTEIN also contains nitric oxide activators that have been shown to activate BAT and thermogenesis. Nitric oxide and nitric oxide precursors such as citrulline have been shown to increase BAT and thermogenesis. Grapeskin extract has been shown to increase nitric oxide production. Polyphenols are being studied for their role in fat metabolism and obesity management. Folic acid also boosts nitric oxide availability, by increasing BH4 and decreasing homocysteine levels. Research has shown that folic acid can lower homocysteine levels, increase insulin sensitivity and lower fasting insulin levels in type 2 diabetes. Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), grains of paradise (40mg - standardized for 12% paradol, a clinically effective dose) and BioPerine® black pepper fruit extract are all included for further activation of brown adipose tissue (BAT) and thermogenesis. Grains of paradise, a spice containing 6-paradol, like chili peppers containing capsaicin, activate BAT, increase whole-body energy expenditure and decrease visceral fat (deep abdominal fat) in humans. It also contains allulose, a natural, low-calorie, fat-burning, thermogenic sweetener. It is approved for low-sugar/low-carb or ketogenic diets. Allulose does not impact blood sugar or insulin levels.
As part of a calorie-restricted diet and exercise (aerobic and resistance training) program, AML™ THERMO HEAT® COCKTAIL™ taken pre-workout (preferably before fasted cardio), and THERMO HEAT® Fat-Burning Protein taken post-workout, can help enhance fat loss and preserve lean body mass when following a low-calorie, low-carbohydrate or ketogenic diet. A healthy weight loss is one that enhances the reduction of body fat and preserves lean body mass while dieting.†
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- New Revolutionary Cocktail for Fat Loss by Robert Schinetsky. March 11, 2021. https://advancedmolecularlabs.com/blogs/news/new-revolutionary-cocktail-for-fat-loss
- AML™ THERMO HEAT® FAT BURNING PROTEIN: NEW Revolutionary & Advanced Scientific Formula! April 8, 2019. https://advancedmolecularlabs.com/blogs/news/aml-%E2%84%A2-thermo-heat%C2%AE-fat-burning-protein-new-revolutionary-advanced-scientific-formula
- Tyler A Churchward-Venne, Leigh Breen, Danielle M Di Donato, Amy J Hector, Cameron J Mitchell, Daniel R Moore, Trent Stellingwerff, Denis Breuille, Elizabeth A Offord, Steven K Baker, Stuart M Phillips, Leucine supplementation of a low-protein mixed macronutrient beverage enhances myofibrillar protein synthesis in young men: a double-blind, randomized trial, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 99, Issue 2, February 2014, Pages 276–286, https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.113.068775
- Rigamonti, A.E.; Leoncini, R.; Casnici, C.; Marelli, O.; De Col, A.; Tamini, S.; Lucchetti, E.; Cicolini, S.; Abbruzzese, L.; Cella, S.G.; Sartorio, A. Whey Proteins Reduce Appetite, Stimulate Anorexigenic Gastrointestinal Peptides and Improve Glucometabolic Homeostasis in Young Obese Women. Nutrients 2019, 11, 247.
- Chen Q, Reimer RA. Dairy protein and leucine alter GLP-1 release and mRNA of genes involved in intestinal lipid metabolism in vitro. Nutrition. 2008;25(3):340-9.
- Robert E Steinert, Maria F Landrock, Sina S Ullrich, Scott Standfield, Bärbel Otto, Michael Horowitz, Christine Feinle-Bisset, Effects of intraduodenal infusion of the branched-chain amino acid leucine on ad libitum eating, gut motor and hormone functions, and glycemia in healthy men, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 102, Issue 4, October 2015, Pages 820-827, https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.115.114488
- Ispoglou T, Deighton K, King RF, White H, Lees M. Novel essential amino acid supplements enriched with L-leucine facilitate increased protein and energy intakes in older women: a randomised controlled trial. Nutr J. 2017;16(1):75. Published 2017 Nov 28. doi:10.1186/s12937-017-0298-6
- Devries MC, Philips SM, Baker SK et al. Leucine, Not Total Protein, Content of a Supplement Is the Primary Determinant of Muscle Protein Anabolic Responses in Healthy Older Women. The Journal of Nutrition, July 1, 2018.
- Sara Y Oikawa, Chris McGlory, Lisa K D'Souza, Adrienne K Morgan, Nelson I Saddler, Steven K Baker, Gianni Parise, Stuart M Phillips, A randomized controlled trial of the impact of protein supplementation on leg lean mass and integrated muscle protein synthesis during inactivity and energy restriction in older persons, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 108, Issue 5, November 2018, Pages 1060-1068, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/nqy193
- Low-Carb Diet Tied to Common Heart Rhythm Disorder Study suggests using caution when restricting carbohydrates for weight loss. American College of Cardiology Mar 06, 2019 https://www.acc.org/about-acc/press-releases/2019/03/06/10/29/low-carb-diet-tied-to-common-heart-rhythm-disorder
- Zhang R, et al. Abstract P335. Presented at: EPI-Lifestyle 2019 Scientific Sessions; March 5-8, 2019; Houston.
- Serum potassium levels and the risk of atrial fibrillation Krijthe, Bouwe P. et al. International Journal of Cardiology, Volume 168, Issue 6, 5411-5415, October 15, 2011
- Three-Day Magnesium Administration Prevents Atrial Fibrillation After Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting. Kohno, Hiroki et al. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, Volume 79, Issue 1, 117-126, January, 2005.
- Intravenous magnesium sulfate prophylaxis for atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass surgery. Kaplan, Mehmet et al. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Volume 125 , Issue 2 , 344-352, February 2003.
- Magnesium: the forgotten electrolyte. González W1, Altieri PI, Alvarado S, Banchs HL, Escobales N, Crespo M, Borges W. Bol Asoc Med P R. 2013;105(3):17-20.
- Li H, Xu M, Lee J, He C and Xie Z. (2012). Leucine supplementation increases SIRT1 expression and prevents mitochondrial dysfunction and metabolic disorders in high-fat diet-induced obese mice. American Journal of Physiology - Endocrinology and Metabolism, 303(10), E1234-E1244. http://doi.org/10.1152/ajpendo.00198.2012
- Chunzi Liang, Benjamin J Curry, Patricia L Brown and Michael B. Zemel, “Leucine Modulates Mitochondrial Biogenesis and SIRT1-AMPK Signaling in C2C12 Myotubes,” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 2014, Article ID 239750, 11 pages, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/239750.
- Zhang Y, Guo K, LeBlanc RE, Loh D, Schwartz GJ, Yu YH. Increasing dietary leucine intake reduces diet-induced obesity and improves glucose and cholesterol metabolism in mice via multimechanisms. Diabetes 2007; 56: 164754.
- Okekunle AP, Zhang M, Wang Z. et al. Dietary branched-chain amino acids intake exhibited a different relationship with type 2 diabetes and obesity risk: a meta-analysis. Acta Diabetol (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00592-018-1243-7
- Binder E, Bermúdez-Silva FJ, André C, Elie M, Romero-Zerbo SY, et al. Leucine Supplementation Protects from Insulin Resistance by Regulating Adiposity Levels (2013) Leucine Supplementation Protects from Insulin Resistance by Regulating Adiposity Levels. PLOS ONE 8(9): e74705. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0074705
- Binder E, Bermúdez‐Silva FJ, Elie M, Leste‐Lasserre T, Belluomo I, Clark S, Duchampt A, Mithieux G and Cota D. (2014) Leucine supplementation modulates fuel substrates utilization and glucose metabolism in previously obese mice. Obesity, 22: 713-720. doi:10.1002/oby.20578
- Li H, Xu M, Lee J, He C and Xie Z (2012). Leucine supplementation increases SIRT1 expression and prevents mitochondrial dysfunction and metabolic disorders in high-fat diet-induced obese mice. American journal of physiology. Endocrinology and metabolism, 303(10), E1234-44.
- Pedroso JA, Zampieri TT and and Donato J. (2015). Reviewing the Effects of L-Leucine Supplementation in the Regulation of Food Intake, Energy Balance, and Glucose Homeostasis. Nutrients, 7 (5), 3914-37. https://dx.doi.org/10.3390%2Fnu7053914
- Wayne State University Division of Research. Grape skin extract may soon be answer to treating diabetes. ScienceDaily, 9 May 2014. www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140509110201.htm
- Grape seed and skin extract mitigates heart and liver oxidative damage induced by a high-fat diet in the rat: gender dependency. Kamel Charradi, Mohamed Mahmoudi, Salem Elkahoui, Ferid Limam, Ezzedine Aouani. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, 2013, 91:1076-1085, https://doi.org/10.1139/cjpp-2013-0225
- C. Carpene, S. Gomez-Zorita, S. Deleruyelle and M.A. Carpene, Novel Strategies for Preventing Diabetes and Obesity Complications with Natural Polyphenols. Current Medicinal Chemistry (2015) 22: 150. https://doi.org/10.2174/0929867321666140815124052
- Grape seed and skin extract reduces pancreas lipotoxicity, oxidative stress and inflammation in high fat diet fed rats. Biomedicine & pharmacotherapy, Vol: 84, Page: 2020-2028 Aloui, F; Charradi, K; Hichami, A et al; December 2016 DOI10.1016/j.biopha.2016.11.017
- Harvey, C., Schofield, G. M., & Williden, M. (2018). The use of nutritional supplements to induce ketosis and reduce symptoms associated with keto-induction: a narrative review. Peer J, 6, e4488. doi:10.7717/peerj.4488
- Cliff J. d C. Harvey, Grant M. Schofield, Micalla Williden, and Joseph A. McQuillan, The Effect of Medium Chain Triglycerides on Time to Nutritional Ketosis and Symptoms of Keto-Induction in Healthy Adults: A Randomised Controlled Clinical Trial, Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 2018, Article ID 2630565, 9 pages, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/2630565.
- Nisha Panth, Kylie A Abbott, Cintia B Dias, Katie Wynne, Manohar L Garg, Differential effects of medium- and long-chain saturated fatty acids on blood lipid profile: a systematic review and meta-analysis, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 108, Issue 4, October 2018, Pages 675–687, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/nqy167
- Effect of l-citrulline supplementation on blood pressure: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Sepideh Mahboobi et al. Journal of Human Hypertension. Nature. Sep 11, 2018
- Farhat, G., Drummond, S., and Al‐Dujaili, E. A. S. (2017) Polyphenols and Their Role in Obesity Management: A Systematic Review of Randomized Clinical Trials. Phytother. Res., 31: 1005-1018. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5830.
- Joffin, N., Jaubert, A., Durant, S., Bastin, J., De Bandt, J., Cynober, L., Moinard, C., Coumoul, X., Forest, C. and Noirez, P. (2014), Citrulline reduces glyceroneogenesis and induces fatty acid release in visceral adipose tissue from overweight rats. Mol. Nutr. Food Res., 58: 2320-2330. doi:10.1002/mnfr.201400507
- Joffin, N., Jaubert, A., Durant, S., Bastin, J., De Bandt, J., Cynober, L., Moinard, C., Forest, C. and Noirez, P. (2014), Citrulline induces fatty acid release selectively in visceral adipose tissue from old rats. Mol. Nutr. Food Res., 58: 1765-1775. doi:10.1002/mnfr.201400053
- Joffin N, Jaubert AM, Bamba J, Barouki R, Noirez P, Forest C. Acute induction of uncoupling protein 1 by citrulline in cultured explants of white adipose tissue from lean and high-fat-diet-fed rats. Adipocyte. 2015;4(2):129-34. Published 2015 Jan 7. doi:10.4161/21623945.2014.989748
- Impact of 3-week citrulline supplementation on postprandial protein metabolism in malnourished older patients: The Ciproage randomized controlled trial. Bouillanne, Olivier et al. Clinical Nutrition, Volume 38, Issue 2, 564-574
- Kohei TAKEDA, Masanao MACHIDA, Akiko KOHARA, Naomi OMI, Tohru TAKEMASA, Effects of Citrulline Supplementation on Fatigue and Exercise Performance in Mice, Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, 2011, Volume 57, Issue 3, Pages 246-250, September 09, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3177/jnsv.57.246
- Nitric oxide and mitochondrial biogenesis. Enzo Nisoli, Michele O. Carruba. J Cell Sci 2006 119: 2855-2862; doi: 10.1242/jcs.03062
- Nitric oxide and l-arginine regulate feeding in satiated rats. Hazut, Noa; Rapps, Kayla; Kristt, Donald A; Susswein, Abraham J; Weller, Aron. DataAppetite, Vol: 132, Page: 44-54.2019. DOI10.1016/j.appet.2018.09.023
- Schwedhelm E, Maas R, Freese R, et al. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of oral L-citrulline and L-arginine: impact on nitric oxide metabolism. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2007;65(1):51-9.
- Tsuboi T, Maeda M, Hayashi T. Administration of L-arginine plus L-citrulline or L-citrulline alone successfully retarded endothelial senescence. PLoS One. 2018;13(2):e0192252. Published 2018 Feb 7. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0192252
- Jobgen W, Meininger CJ, Jobgen SC, et al. Dietary L-arginine supplementation reduces white fat gain and enhances skeletal muscle and brown fat masses in diet-induced obese rats. J Nutr. 2009;139(2):230-7.
- Sansbury BE, Hill BG. Regulation of obesity and insulin resistance by nitric oxide. Free Radic Biol Med. 2014;73:383-99.
- Allerton, T.D.; Proctor, D.N.; Stephens, J.M.; Dugas, T.R.; Spielmann, G.; Irving, B.A. l-Citrulline Supplementation: Impact on Cardiometabolic Health. Nutrients 2018, 10, 921.
- Mads Vendelbo Lind, Lotte Lauritzen, Mette Kristensen, Alastair B Ross, Jane Nygaard Eriksen. Effect of folate supplementation on insulin sensitivity and type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 109, Issue 1, January 2019, Pages 29-42, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/nqy234
- Kevin J Acheson, Anny Blondel-Lubrano, Sylviane Oguey-Araymon, Maurice Beaumont, Shahram Emady-Azar, Corinne Ammon-Zufferey, Irina Monnard, Stéphane Pinaud, Corine Nielsen-Moennoz, Lionel Bovetto, Protein choices targeting thermogenesis and metabolism. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 93, Issue 3, March 2011, Pages 525-534, https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.110.005850
- Whey protein preloads are more beneficial than soy protein preloads in regulating appetite, calorie intake, anthropometry, and body composition of overweight and obese men. Tahavorgar, Atefeh; Vafa, Mohammadreza; Shidfar, Farzad; Gohari, Mahmoodreza; Heydari, Iraj. 1879-0739, Vol: 34, Issue: 10, Page: 856-61, 2014. DOI10.1016/j.nutres.2014.08.015
- A whey/guar “preload” improves postprandial glycaemia and glycated haemoglobin levels in type 2 diabetes: A 12‐week, single‐blind, randomized, placebo‐controlled trial. Watson, LE, Phillips, LK, Wu, T, et al. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2019; 21: 930-938. https://doi.org/10.1111/dom.13604
- Larsen AE, Bibby BM, Hansen M. Effect of a Whey Protein Supplement on Preservation of Fat Free Mass in Overweight and Obese Individuals on an Energy Restricted Very Low Caloric Diet. Nutrients. 2018;10(12):1918. Published 2018 Dec 4. doi:10.3390/nu10121918
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation along with weight loss diet on meta‐inflammation and fat mass in obese subjects with vitamin D deficiency: A double‐blind placebo‐controlled randomized clinical trial. Lotfi‐Dizaji, L, Mahboob, S, Aliashrafi, S, Vaghef‐Mehrabany, E, Ebrahimi‐Mameghani, M, Morovati, A. Clin Endocrinol. 2019; 90: 94-101. https://doi.org/10.1111/cen.13861
- Sakiko Abe, Osamu Ezaki, Motohisa Suzuki, Medium-Chain Triglycerides in Combination with Leucine and Vitamin D Increase Muscle Strength and Function in Frail Elderly Adults in a Randomized Controlled Trial, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 146, Issue 5, May 2016, Pages 1017-1026, https://doi.org/10.3945/jn.115.228965
- Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine. Dietary medium chain triglycerides prevent nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. ScienceDaily, 24 April 2013. www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130424161110.htm
- Audrey Chanet, Sjors Verlaan, Jérôme Salles, Christophe Giraudet, Véronique Patrac, Véronique Pidou, Corinne Pouyet, Nordine Hafnaoui, Adeline Blot, Noël Cano, Nicolas Farigon, Anke Bongers, Marion Jourdan, Yvette Luiking, Stéphane Walrand, Yves Boirie, Supplementing Breakfast with a Vitamin D and Leucine-Enriched Whey Protein Medical Nutrition Drink Enhances Postprandial Muscle Protein Synthesis and Muscle Mass in Healthy Older Men, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 147, Issue 12, December 2017, Pages 2262–2271, https://doi.org/10.3945/jn.117.252510
- Amely M Verreijen, Sjors Verlaan, Mariëlle F Engberink, Sophie Swinkels, Johan de Vogel-van den Bosch, Peter JM Weijs, A high whey protein-, leucine-, and vitamin D-enriched supplement preserves muscle mass during intentional weight loss in obese older adults: a double-blind randomized controlled trial, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 101, Issue 2, February 2015, Pages 279-286, https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.114.090290
- Salehpour A, Hosseinpanah F, Shidfar F, et al. A 12-week double-blind randomized clinical trial of vitamin D₃ supplementation on body fat mass in healthy overweight and obese women. Nutr J. 2012;11:78. Published 2012 Sep 22. doi:10.1186/1475-2891-11-78
- Vitamin D decreases adipocyte lipid storage and increases NAD-SIRT1 pathway in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Chang, Eugene; Kim, Yangha. Nutrition, 2016, Vol: 32, Issue: 6, Page: 702-8 10.1016/j.nut.2015.12.032
- Miriam E. Clegg (2010) Medium-chain triglycerides are advantageous in promoting weight loss although not beneficial to exercise performance, International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 61:7, 653-679, DOI: 10.3109/09637481003702114
- LaBarrie J, St-Onge MP. A coconut oil-rich meal does not enhance thermogenesis compared to corn oil in a randomized trial in obese adolescents. Insights Nutr Metab. 2017;1(1):30-36.
- Effects of whey proteins on glycaemia and insulinaemia to an oral glucose load in healthy adults; a dose–response study. UJ Gunnerud, E M Östman, I M E Björck. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. May 1, 2013 DOI: 10.1038/ejcn.2013.88
- Sugita, J., Yoneshiro, T., Hatano, T., Aita, S., Ikemoto, T., Uchiwa, H., Saito, M. (2013). Grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract activates brown adipose tissue and increases whole-body energy expenditure in men. British Journal of Nutrition, 110(4), 733-738. doi:10.1017/S0007114512005715
- Jun Sugita, Takeshi Yoneshiro, Yuuki Sugishima, Takeshi Ikemoto, Hideyo Uchiwa, Isao Suzuki, Masayuki Saito, Daily Ingestion of Grains of Paradise (Aframomum melegueta) Extract Increases Whole-Body Energy Expenditure and Decreases Visceral Fat in Humans, Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, 2014, Volume 60, Issue 1, Pages 22-27, Released April 24, 2014,
- Ilic NM, Dey M, Poulev AA, Logendra S, Kuhn PE, Raskin I. Anti-inflammatory activity of grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta Schum) extract. J Agric Food Chem. 2014;62(43):10452-7.
- Hattori, H., Yamauchi, K., Onwona‐Agyeman, S. and Mitsunaga, T. (2018), Identification of vanilloid compounds in grains of paradise and their effects on sympathetic nerve activity. J. Sci. Food Agric., 98: 4742-4748. doi:10.1002/jsfa.9009
- The application of medium-chain fatty acids: edible oil with a suppressing effect on body fat accumulation.Hiroyuki Takeuchi, Seiji Sekine, Keiichi Kojima, Toshiaki Aoyama. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008; 17 (Suppl 1): 320–323.
- Sampath, A., Kossoff, E. H., Furth, S. L., Pyzik, P. L., & Vining, E. P. G. (2007). Kidney Stones and the Ketogenic Diet: Risk Factors and Prevention. Journal of Child Neurology, 22(4), 375–378. https://doi.org/10.1177/0883073807301926
- McNally MA, Pyzik PL, Rubenstein JE, Hamdy RF, Kossoff EH. Empiric use of potassium citrate reduces kidney-stone incidence with the ketogenic diet. Pediatrics. 2009;124(2):e300-4.
- Dawson-Hughes B, Harris SS, Ceglia L. Alkaline diets favor lean tissue mass in older adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008;87(3):662-5.
- Inflammatory markers response to citrulline supplementation in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, clinical trial. Zahra Darabi, Mina Darand, Zahra Yari, Mehdi Hedayati, Amirhosein Faghihi, Shahram Agah and Azita Hekmatdoost.BMC Research.2019/12:89 https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-019-4130-6
- Chalasani N, Vuppalanchi R, Rinella M, et al. Randomised clinical trial: a leucine-metformin-sildenafil combination (NS-0200) vs placebo in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2018;47(12):1639-1651.
- Allerton, D., Rumbold, P., West, D., & Stevenson, E. (2019). Effect of supplemental whey protein timing on postprandial glycaemia in centrally obese males. British Journal of Nutrition, February 2019. 121(6), 637-646. doi:10.1017/S0007114518003793
- Stevenson, E., & Allerton, D. (2018). The role of whey protein in postprandial glycaemic control. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, September 2017, 77(1), 42-51. doi:10.1017/S0029665117002002
- King, DG, Walker, M, Campbell, MD, et al. (2018) A small dose of whey protein co-ingested with mixed-macronutrient breakfast and lunch meals improves postprandial glycemia and suppresses appetite in men with type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr 107, 550–557.
- Allerton, DM, Campbell, MD, Gonzalez, JT, et al. (2016) Co-ingestion of whey protein with a carbohydrate-rich breakfast does not affect glycemia, insulinemia or subjective appetite following a subsequent meal in healthy males. Nutrients 8, 116
- US News & World Report; Jan 2nd, 2019 What's the Best Diet for 2019? Experts Weigh In by By Serena Gordon https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2019-01-02/whats-the-best-diet-for-2019-experts-weigh-in
- Neudorf, H., Durrer, C., Myette‐Cote, E., Makins, C., O'Malley, T. and Little, J. P. (2019), Oral Ketone Supplementation Acutely Increases Markers of NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation in Human Monocytes. Mol. Nutr. Food Res.. Accepted Author Manuscript. doi:10.1002/mnfr.201801171
- Bueno, N., De Melo, I., De Oliveira, S., & Da Rocha Ataide, T. (2013). Very-low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet v. low-fat diet for long-term weight loss: A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. British Journal of Nutrition, 110(7), 1178-1187. doi:10.1017/S0007114513000548
- Cody Durrer, Nia Lewis, Zhongxiao Wan, Philip Ainslie, Nathan Jenkins, Jonathan Little. Short-Term Low-Carbohydrate High-Fat Diet in Healthy Young Males Renders the Endothelium Susceptible to Hyperglycemia-Induced Damage, An Exploratory Analysis. Nutrients, 2019; 11 (3): 489 DOI: 10.3390/nu11030489
- University of British Columbia Okanagan campus. On the keto diet? Ditch the cheat day: Just one dose of carbohydrates can damage blood vessels. ScienceDaily, 27 March 2019. www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/03/190327112657.htm
- Effect of Distinct Lifestyle Interventions on Mobilization of Fat Storage Pools: The CENTRAL MRI Randomized Controlled Trial. Yftach Gepner, Ilan Shelef, Dan Schwarzfuchs, Hila Zelicha, Lilac Tene, Anat Yaskolka Meir, Gal Tsaban, Noa Cohen, Nitzan Bril, Michal Rein, Dana Serfaty, Shira Kenigsbuch, Oded Komy, Arik Wolak, Yoash Chassidim, Rachel Golan, Hilla Avni-Hassid, Avital Bilitzky, Benjamin Sarusi, Eyal Goshen, Elad Shemesh, Yaakov Henkin, Michael Stumvoll, Matthias Blüher, Joachim Thiery, Uta Ceglarek, Assaf Rudich, Meir J. Stampfer and Iris Shai. Circulation 2017;CIRCULATION AHA.117.030501, 2017.
- Dietary carbohydrate intake and mortality: a prospective cohort study and meta-analysis. Sara B Seidelmann, MD, Brian Claggett, PhD, Susan Cheng, MD, Mir Henglin, BA, Amil Shah, MD, The Lancet, August 16, 2018 DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S2468-2667(18)30135-
- The Thermo Heat® Weight Loss Revolution, by Michael J. Rudolph, Ph.D, including the foreword by Daniel L. Friedman, MD and Eugene B Friedman, MD.
- Cara B Ebbeling, Henry A Feldman, Gloria L Klein, Julia M W Wong, Lisa Bielak, Sarah K Steltz, Patricia K Luoto, Robert R Wolfe, William W Wong, David S Ludwig. Effects of a low carbohydrate diet on energy expenditure during weight loss maintenance: randomized trial. BMJ, 2018; k4583 DOI: 10.1136/bmj.k4583
- THE THERMO HEAT® LOW-CARB MEDITERRANEAN DIET: WHY IT’S THE HEALTHIEST & BEST DIET FOR 2019 by Steve Blechman, https://advancedmolecularlabs.com/blogs/news/the-thermo-heat%C2%AE-low-carb-mediterranean-diet-why-it-s-the-healthiest-best-diet-for-2019